8.04.2015

Kalendar Project - Part V (az)


This is part five and the final segment of this project. 

The Skeptic.


Would you believe her hair is made from a Martha Stewart punch? One of the punched pieces fell on her head and I thought it would be interesting to do her hair with it and so I did.  I thrifted the bottom glitter border. It was a girl's belt. 



The Healer


 Stars, moons, and made up moths were cut out of paper, with a generous dollop of opalescent paint for shimmery effect. 



                                                                      The Familiar



This piece honors the specials animals in our lives. In proper society we call them pets. But in our homes, they are the familiars, the companions who create magic in our lives. 


The Princess


I found a bag a of foil candy wrappers that I had been saving for a project and for some reason felt the compulsion to fold them in various sized squares as the border for this piece. I then painted the foil with gold paint. It was a little insane to do, but the effect is interesting. 




The Observer


All about the eyes. I made use of the Mediterranean evil eye design into a necklace/chest plate piece. Peacock feathers reiterate the eye theme.


The Fire Starter

This one did not have a preliminary sketch. I drew her on watercolor paper and placed her on the canvas. The others had a sketch that was photocopied on thin watercolor paper. Usually, 
if I draw a picture, I sometimes have to fix it many times and I ruin the paper. This was success from the get go. 



The Guardian 

This piece was inspired by while Karin was telling me about her Hive project. My hive details consist of wire ribbon and printed ribbon. A Toffifay candy holder gives dimension to the honeycomb. On the  honeycomb side is a little mesh ribbon tubing made to look like honey. The Guardian had a  preliminary drawing but it was 'Frankenstein-ed' on three pieces of paper. Basically, I started it on a small scrap of paper and then taped on more paper to finish it.  I then used tracing paper to transfer the image to watercolor paper. 



2 comments:

  1. Don likes these very much. Hurry up and give them up already. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A certain Ms. requested beads on to said artwork which delayed the delivery date. But thank you very much.

      Delete