11.03.2016

Learning Curve by Andrea Zimon

I love my pottery class. 
I am far from a master potter. 
I am far from calling myself a potter. 
 I remain true to my calling as an artist by continually practicing and experimenting in this new realm.

The journey so far.....

Organic coil with watered down glaze. It was an experiment. More trials to be performed. 

The grand review of pinch pots.


I was told to make a footed pinch pot. I took it literally. How about a tail, too?



Still figuring out the art of finishing on this carved pinch pot. Nasty clay boogers in the grooves.
  
Pinch pot with a handle. 
Top view of the handle. 
Pinch pot with a cover. I meant to be weird with the glaze colors.
My teacher remarked that I was all over the place with my color selections. I plan everything in my life except my glaze colors. Sadly, the cover got a chip in the glaze which is one of the hazards of pottery. 

One more organic coil with watered down glaze. I carefully painted each ball with glaze except one on this piece.
I was going to say that represents some thing deep and meaningful. In reality, I forgot to paint it.

Soon you will see my adventures with machine coil. 







No comments:

Post a Comment