2.01.2014

The mermaid project continues...

This project started out as a birthday gift. My intention was to put a mermaid drawing on a gessoed plastic box frame. Not liking the presentation, I started to make something different. I made the box frame into a box with a cover. The mermaid drawing will go on the box cover.


On the above, you can see the box frame and a small cardboard box which I have covered with gold and scrapbook paper. This will become a treasure chest of sorts. On a side note, this little box has traveled thousands of miles, it came from Lebanon and is covered with Lebanese bon-bons paper. When you open it, it wafts of chocolate, which is quite a contrast from the theme at hand. 

Here is a side view. The dowel that you see near the fish is to prop up the lid. The treasure chest is also open.

The fish inside the treasure chest are attached to strings so they can 'swim'.  Since they are not swimming properly, I will need to access my latent engineering skills so they can. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment