3.09.2014

good winter -kes

Cutting and dry-fitting pressure treated 2x4s someone threw away in an Audubon sanctuary. The shape creates a rustic found shelter surround for a mixed media sculpture...which I don't pretend to understand.

I've named this post for Justin Vernon's Bon Iver music. As a musician, he describes himself as 'completing the circuit', not as an entertainer. Maybe that makes sense to you and maybe it doesn't. Let me try to explain how I see it:
The band's musical track 'Blood Bank' is like a rich fertilizer. The ethereal layers pulse and echo messages from some other place that is terribly important. Once upon a time my process was to consciously attempt to translate the feeling. These efforts were fraught with frustration simply because its kind of impossible to do something so abstract without allowing the sublime part that feeds off this food in the first place to drive the bus.

Whatever is seen, heard, or felt always gets in. So lately I wait, knowing it will resurface visually when its ripe. In the meantime, I just keep feeding this thing, whatever it is with music, trees, sky, you get the picture. I'm removing the wall of agenda, opening the window, and completing the circuit one day at a time.The sun is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment