3.28.2014

What keeps me up at night.

The other night I was obsessed with a design that MUST be expressed. Was I thinking about war and poverty? NO I kept seeing a wire tomato cage transformed into an artful lamp by combing two upcycling elements, wrapping with strips of  fabric and making the shade part out of contrasting colors. The shade part would be fashioned using the technique of Bojagi. See the inspirational work of www.chunghielee.com and her sublime artwork show on the video above.  
 Of course after seeing her craft I apologize profusely for my lame attempt. I made the frame by joining U-shaped wire and wrapping jewelry wire at the corners, then I super glued those joints. Next, I found some old scarves which I tore into strips and wrapped them in colorful combinations. Then I sewed a bag shape out of white decorator's fabric and I am now sewing up the sides and adding small bits of sparkly beads as I go.I haven't figured out the feet but at least I can sleep soundly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment