9.27.2014

Inheritance -skf

D. W. Field
Hello fellow lovers of the creative life.

 The top picture is a photo I took at D W Field in Brockton just before sunset. It was a hazy day so the light was soft and pink. All of the creatures were settling down for the night and just a few crickets and katydids were performing the soundtrack for this serene moment. For a brief eternity,while my husband hurried to the car, I took in the beauty of that place at that time. I was mindful that it would never return and from the second I took the picture it was now a memory. And so I painted this fragile experience which is the bottom picture.It is an interpretation that hovers between real and abstract. I am handing this moment to my granddaughter for her first birthday. I hope the painting will communicate my feelings about nurturing what you find deeply sublime as often as you are able. And so as it hangs on the wall of her nursery I hope that she will  pause for a moment to reflect. My intention is for it to be a quiet companion as she is growing up, from my mind to hers with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment