3.18.2015

Leaf Expressions(SKF)



Hello Friends,
 It was one rough winter, I must say. My usual survivor mode is denial, so I painted leaves through every snow storm,burying my head in drawing with luminous colors instead of the cold white woe of February. I wanted my style to feel more expressive instead of simply copying my Fall photos of
D. W.  Field in Brockton (my muse).
This work I call " Tender Spaces" in anticipation of Springs palette. I used inexpensive craft paints mixed with modeling paste as a base. Then I added Caran d'Ache's Neocolor  water soluble crayons to draw on top of the flat surface texture. Then I go back and forth between painting and drawing. I think I've achieved some lovely effects as a result.





 From this platform,
I became more abstract which
 yielded a treasure trove of bejeweled images.




 Of course, while I was experimenting failure is always an option. Well it was more of a miscalculation than a full fledged falling on my face deal.

 It all started with a trip to A.C. Moore's clearance aisle. Oh,cool! They have a small jar of texture paint. Awesome , two bucks. I know I'll add that to a base and work on top of that. Most of the time I don't notice my learning disability until I got back to the studio and started painting.




Yuk! Are you kidding me?! It has glitter in it.
 I HATE glitter. Silly crap smeared all over the page.
 The nerve, jazzing up my morose maroon.
 I spent most of my work time trying to cover over the sparkly bits.
 The bottom drawing is the result.
Yeah right, ha ha yourself  Miss Andrea.
                                                   
                                     I hope you like the red and green metallic Christmas cheer all over your work.

                                                             
                                                                Enjoy the jar it's all yours!



1 comment:

  1. the last one is my favorite to escape the current climate

    ReplyDelete