4.07.2015

The Kalendar Project (the base) - az

 Kalendar has been intentionally misspelled in honor of the the recipient's name which begins with a 'k'. Now, who could that be? 
It is inspired by tarot cards, prayer flags, calendars, my art journals, and L.K. Ludwig's books.
There are 12 images on a 12" X 12" piece of recycled canvas which has been gessoed and covered with old book pages.In the future, you will be seeing the characters of the 12 images as they go through their development. 
The above is the primed canvas.


Gessoed canvased with alcohol paint flower. At this point, I realized I wanted to cover this surface with paper. The flower has cut up scrapbook stickers I would never use. I don't even think a very sentimental mother would use them - they were that bad! I got them in a craft store grab bag and it was 70/30 of good/bad.

Book pages added on. 
Karin gave me this roll of unprimed canvas that she had been experimenting on. No longer wanting to experiment on it, she gave it to me. It was a great gift.  I was loath to gesso over her experiments as they were pretty, but I knew Karin would definitely want me to use it.

This blog entry isn't totally about art scut work. Below is another project that I made out of the same canvas last year. They are 3 x 3" cards collaged with my artwork and various bits. They are a sort of tarot cards but with a twist. 




I  reused a  skin cream box and covered it with paper and paint. The black swirly design above is actually Sarah's work that I embellished with skinny lines and dots. The below is the  box cover with upholstery fabric leaves and sequin leaves.




*az*

2 comments:

  1. Andrea continues to humble us. How she imagines she is not prolific enough boggles my mind. kes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because she was so impressed at the magnitude you were and are able to perform. You set the standard, baby.
    az

    ReplyDelete