6.11.2015

Sewing Frenzy (SKF)




Hi Folks,
   
As usual I was in my art fog and forgot to post on time.
Last Sunday night I received a spark of inspiration and couldn't go to sleep. So I got up out of bed and drew all of the images that flooded in. FABRIC VASES, FABRIC VASES! My mind scrambled through the history of art translating various shapes and sizes, creating each memory anew in textiles. I saw Greek, Chinese, French, Egyptian vases. Each done in the numerous swatches I had inherented from a guy in the building who clears out his storage space by graciously leaving the books in front of my door. Thank you Joel! I love free materials, an artist's dream! These are my first attempts, hopefully with more to come. I'm still learning the techniques of  forming fabric into 3-D vessels.

                                                     Enjoy,
                                                                                                                            SKF

1 comment:

  1. not sure which is my favorite! these are like living specimens, like your birds. cool.-kes

    ReplyDelete