6.02.2015

Kalendar Project (Part IV) - az

This is a multiple entry project see April 7, 2015 (base),  May 5, 2015 (part II), 
and May 26, 2105 (part III). 

The Magician.
 I did not like the face so I was telling Karin how I could not resolve it and she suggested that I do what I always do and collage over it. Genius! You can always count on a friend for a good critique. 

How she started....


This is how she ended up. Add some watch faces, a scrapbook letter with glitter, some Lumiere paint, and instant resolution.  Lumiere paints have this really wonderful pearly quality that add an atmospheric quality. I also discovered white gel pens in this project. I love them because they write on most of my artistic surfaces. 


Now you are viewing the Warrior. 


There is still a little of steam punk theme going on. The background consists of motorcycle rims and bike parts. When I was madly cutting out the rims, one of them fell on the picture where hand was and it looked like shield so I kept it.  I added a layer of black mica paint to the rims which made it darker but still visible. The trim on the bottom is a belt. This also was finished with glitter paint.


The one thing about painting on un-stretched canvas is that it has a mind of it own. It does not quite lay flat which is why I could not get the full detail of the belt when I was photographing it.  

I will return with the final installment of this project at the beginning of July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment