5.26.2015

Kalendar Project (Part III) -az


 This is a multiple entry project see April 7, 2015 (base) and
 May 5, 2015 (part II).

   It is ironic that this piece is called The Jester. It was laughing at me the whole way.
This work was like a chess match.  Every time I thought I had a idea that worked and I realized my strategy was suspect and chaos reigned.

In the beginning, my formula was to have a certain base color for each tarot flag, which was not to happen.  Her face was originally wonky so I ripped it out and drew another- several times. I liked her dress which is why the face had to work with dress. 


When all else fails, make ample use of rhinestones, ribbon, confetti, embellishments, clock faces and a generous layer of red glitter paint.




Below is the Angel and this one went much easier. I didn't intend to go steam punk but that is the way it went. I tried walnut ink with this one. It produced an interesting effect on around the clock faces. 

The beginning....


Adding the wings....


The completed drawing..




Amazingly, no glitter or rhinestones were used in the Angel. Instead I opted for metallic snakeskin ribbon and chain. 

Stay tuned next week for Part IV of the Kalendar Project. 




4 comments:

  1. i can't wait to get my 'kalendar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic effects! I love the exploration of female symbology.Great imagery.Give us more and more and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah for making my work seem more sophisticated than it is. I just like sparkly things.

      Delete