5.05.2015

Kalendar Project (Part II ) - az








** For Part 1, please go to 4/7/2015.**

When I started this project,  I had an initial idea and then I got some input and so became the idea for twelve flag type tarot cards. I did have a formulaic idea for these tarot flags which was to help speed the completion of this project but I realized formulas in my work work best for cohesiveness but not necessarily time. I like to enjoy the process so I gave up speed  decided to let the work guide me.

The following is the Pretender.  This piece was inspired by the book 'Fairies' by Alan Lee and Brian Froud.  I had fun with this one. I used spray paint, spray glitter, alcohol paint, punches, rhinestones, silk leaves, and quite a few scrap booking stickers and embellishments. I used a white gel pen because I thought the image was looking a little dark and the white brightened up a bit. I finished the edges with ribbon.




Here is the original. I copied the image on watercolor paper then adhered the image on the canvas.





 I am always amazed the moods, artwork goes through as transitions through pencil, pen, color, and finally embellishments. 










No comments:

Post a Comment