10.06.2015

Make it your own -az

For a project I was working on, I decided to try making tassels. I had seen an article in a magazine and the result was mystical and intriguing.  Except when I did it, it was not so interesting. I followed the directions. I used the proper tools. What went wrong?  I was about to give up and stay in my 'paper only' safety zone but I consulted with Karin who told me: to make it my own. These words are the most over said words in the art world but they are true.

So I altered them with vinyl pieces, wire, spray paint, beads, nail polish, sequins, and more.
 It helped. 

I give my thanks to Jen Cushman whose idea it was to begin with and to Karin who gave me ideas to make it my own.  I don't know if they are mystical or intriguing, but they are now interesting and
 at least 'me'. 













No comments:

Post a Comment