11.03.2015

Frankenstein - az

This piece is a page out of my art journal celebrating the Halloween spirit. One of the rare pages that has a title, Vessel was inspired by the work of the same name by the art Eloise Pickard Smith. The two pieces have little in common other than being collaged. It was called Vessel because of its three bowls but it really should be called Frankenstein because the body is really just pieces and parts of artwork. The original page had a failed drawing, but there was a part of it I really liked so I gessoed what I did not like in black which added mood and a workable surface. The abdomen is part of the original page along with the Elvira hair. The claw-like hand was added later. The face was next to be added. I added a new pair of eyes and stitches on the mouth to complete my mad scientist machinations. 



No comments:

Post a Comment