11.16.2015

lost & found -kes

Last year an abandoned artist book was discovered in a vacant studio space. The book is small and unassuming with glow-in-the dark-stars on the outside of its otherwise plain blue cover.

 The original book designers created indigo pages the color of the night sky, printed with stars and subtle accompanying color. They also printed blue text on each page, re-inventing the childhood wishing poem:
star light star bright  
first star I see tonight 
I wish I may I wish I might, 
have this wish I wish tonight


Upon receiving the wayward art & verse trash gift, graphite drawings were added. The pages were hungry. 'The book of dreams' was born.

Thanks to Andrea Silver & Karen Tribul for making the book. Thanks to the Universe and Andrea Zimon for bringing a lost wishing palette to this dreamer to create new life.


'The book of dreams' will be on display in Dream Weavers.

1 comment:

  1. Very peculiar and hauntingly beautiful. Thanks to you and Andrea for preserving these images.

    ReplyDelete