2.09.2016

I Make My Own Company (SKF)

 Hello,

Last night Fox showed an episode of the X Files about a street artist whose creations developed a life of their own and reeked havok as an expression of his anger towards mainstream society's perceptions that the homeless are throw away people. As a result his creature, "Band Aid Man" was on a bloodlust rampage( so Fox). The moral of the story is directed towards all of us to examine our creations. What kind of  feelings do we wish to illicit by the telling of stories? It does not matter if it's real or not. For if it lives in the mind of another do you have the right to benefit by telling stories that create harm? A little election year prophecy.
    When I was a child I used  to tell my little sister scary stories as we lay in bed in the dark . She would go peacefully to sleep and I would lie awake all night long with my eyes wide open, terrified all night long.
And that's the nature of most tales. When all is said and done, it's the authors that suffer the most from their own dark imaginings. For the rest of us it's just another story on a planet full of storytellers.This is where we can develop a better relationship to ourselves by changing  our minds and believing in a more positive narrative.



 Here are some of my "critters" that compose a strange company as I go about my studio business.

Let me introduce my "Warrior Worms", " Drunken Spider", "The Momma Caterpillar and Her Nests",
" Fuzzy Penguin", and " Curious Possum".
We all make our own little realities but let's not make others suffer for our beliefs, then we're no better than the radical whatsoevers, who can't keep it to themselves. What's that old saying about the meek?

1 comment:

  1. I like Fuzzy Penguin....and I don't think your creatures would harm anyone were they to come to life.... as for the Meek ... the earth shall be theirs... so says the Sermon on the Mount...but it hasn't happened yet...sad to say.

    ReplyDelete