3.08.2016

Let's Play (SKF)

Hello Fellow Creators,

Let's play. I needed to return to a state of no agendas except the simplest judgements about color balance and the size of the running strips. I don't know where this is going. I don't even know what I am making, like driving blindfolded down an open highway. I just felt an urge to play with colors that I like together and to watch it grow. I started it last night and discovered that this morning
 I wanted brighter combinations.

Is it high art? Who knows? Sometimes it's a desire to return to the mindset you remember from childhood. One of the joys in being an artist is to be present in your own life. Just me and patches of color and texture, nothing else. A meditation embodied in countless choices. I can plan out paintings, design a park, or sew critters but to reduce all of the grand ideas to an immediate , "yup or nope" feels really authentic.
And I think this is key, to try and deepen our own aesthetic by how it resonates at an emotional level. Then you know you are onto something. I will update you on how this little exploration transforms, which could be crap, that's always a possibility but my experience tells me I doubt that will happen.

Love,
                                                               Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment