3.23.2016

The Ultimate Compliment -az

I made this painting and it had not found an owner. I was at a loss as what to do with it. Not being sure of the audience that might appreciate it, Tina Walsh, a friend, suggested that it would be good for a little girl's room. What a good idea but I knew no one with little girls. And so the wait began and continued for a long time. I finally gave up and was getting ready to send the painting to an alternative source when an opportunity to presented itself. My vet was pregnant with a baby girl. I sent her an email asking if she would like it. I got an enthusiastic reply and so the work found its new home.

I saw my vet again today and she let me know that the baby liked the painting, too. Her baby likes to look at the bright colors while she is at her changing table. My initial response was surprise as I thought babies liked really bright colors. But I really didn't think about the quality of the remark until much later ( I should add when my vet arrives my focus isn't on me. There is some anxiety on my part as I am hoping my horse will be a gentleman and he usually isn't.). But when I thought about her remark, it was indeed the ultimate compliment. In a world where I am competing with trademarked baby items, Emerson's response was very special. 

So I thank Tina Walsh, Megan, and Emerson for making this a extraordinary art day.  


16 x 20" acrylic 
Hand braided string and un-braided string outlines the horse. 
Hand woven binding on the background.
Soaked paper twirled around around beads as part of the background.
Old encyclopedia pages molded into inaccurate musculature.
Plastic pearls for the mane.
Old 80's earring for the forelock.

No comments:

Post a Comment