5.24.2016

Do Not Bore the Art Monster - az

Do not bore the Art Monster. He likes to help fix one's artistic issues.

sketch - work in process. 
Art Monster: 
Here is a project that involves sculpture. Something new for you to do.

Artist: 
I hate sculpture. 
I do not do sculpture. 
I enjoy doing my two dimensional work. 

Art Monster:
Sounds more like 'won't do'. 
Anyway, you are stuck in a rut. 
I don't want to see another drawing.
What about the pottery class and welding class you took?
Seems like sculpture to me.

Artist:
 I am drawing my two dimensional art. Don't bother me. 

Art Monster:
I have signed you up for this project due in the fall involving sculpture. 
You have two choices: you can embrace your inner sculptor or embarrass yourself. 

Artist:
I love sculpture. Look, I made a pedestal for the project. 

The first of many steps of this sculpture project. Pedestal made of card board and corner protectors.
I have found embracing my Art Monster is easier than to silence him. If silenced, he tends to make me buy shoes. A lot of shoes. He tends to conspire with Life. Life is a sarcastic muse. Never say 'I am bored' to her. Otherwise, she will give you amusing and not so amusing challenges in your life.

2 comments:

  1. this is hysterical. same as the cookie making monster i was subjected to years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that but I had fun when you and cookie making monster visited me.

    ReplyDelete