5.31.2016

Kraft paper -az

When artists get packages, sometimes the box and wrappings are as fun as the delivery itself.

When a delivery came with yards and yards of white kraft paper, I kept the paper for a fringed skirt prototype. First layer of fringe was 5”x 6', second was 4” x 6’ and the third was 3”x 4’. When the paper was taped and hung, parts of it looked very sculptural. Taking notice of this, I photographed it and this is what I got. 

Over head view.

Kraft paper, hand curled, side view.


From the floor view
This really was an exploration of materials, mediums, and observation than real art but an artist needs to go through this process.  By using these materials, I didn't worry about using up my good stuff, was free to experiment, and was allowed to see if an idea will work. I was definitely pushed out of my comfort zone by not drawing, I learned to how to see the random design the paper created, and I learned how to use the camera more creatively other to to take a quick picture. 
  
Who knew kraft paper could be used in a way other than packing or math scratch paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment