10.04.2016

Clay Bits and Digital Pieces by Andrea Zimon


Eine Kleine Nacthmusik
'Lainey'

When I made pottery as a child in school, I cannot remember why I didn't pursue it further. Maybe because it wasn't practical for me at the time. It was messy, it needed time, and  it required a kiln. These elements were not within the boundaries of my childhood. 

Two years ago, I took a pottery workshop and enjoyed it but the same reasons applied as above.

Here yet again, I am in a ceramics class except now things are different. I can make messes in my house because I have my own art space.  I can take my pieces home to work on them when I want so I have the time. And since I am in a class I have access to a kiln. 

So why the picture of the horse? Simply because the blog picture leads the article and I wanted something with a punch of color other than my grey pinch pots. Lainey stood nicely enough in the paddock for me take her picture.  I then started to digitally alter her.  She normally doesn't have geranium on her side. 







No comments:

Post a Comment