7.28.2018

space cowgirl by karin eda sanborn


when it comes to the studio, i thoroughly enjoy having no idea what is going to happen next.
in my opinion...courting this unknown state intentionally explains, at least in part, my fascination with improvisation.

a problem occurs, however, when perpetual experimentation is the only method at work. i find the lack of discipline and depth frustrating. the good stuff happens on the other side of a challenge that tests my potential.

my creative life is at a no-going-backwards stage. it feels like the place somewhere between a writer's block and walking on a tightrope off the edge of a cliff. to address this dilemma i decided to pretend to build a portfolio and commit to any topic, but only one. i satisfied the uncontrolled variable [experimentation] part of the equation by not allowing myself to select the subject...that is what a friend is for. the discipline part is now in my hands.

the work has begun making itself. my favorite 'sketching' tool is a camera.
previews are below...little is not small.








No comments:

Post a Comment