8.05.2014

Mono print x 2 ~ az

Once upon a time, I took a print making class. Using zinc plates, I learned about mono printing, intaglio, and aquatint.  I was grateful for that class because it gave me an appreciation of print making. 

During one of my studio cleanings, I unearthed this print from the class. I saved it mostly for the paper.  But on second look, I realized if I cropped it, I could rework it and so I did. The darker black on the left  is the actual print. The two horses on the right were some collage scraps Karin gave me back from her own mono printing days. It was not until later that I realized I had added her mono print to my mono print, which was kind of funny since I added it for the visual and not because it was a print.
None the less, it worked. 


'mono print x 2', 10 x 14"
az

No comments:

Post a Comment